Pennsylvania Legislative Alert – Senate Bills 1030 and 552
Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett signed into law two new pieces of legislation that will have a large impact on workforce development in Central Pennsylvania. Senate Bill 1030, authored by Senator John R. Gordner (R-27) continues a federally funded, 13-week period of extended unemployment compensation (UC) benefits and requires UC claimants to prove they are actively searching for work via the PA CareerLink® system in order to qualify for UC benefits, making Pennsylvania the last state to implement this criterion.
For more information about the changes to unemployment compensation, click on the topics below:
• Governor’s Press Release (Senate Bill 1030)
• Senate Bill 1030 “Section 401. Qualifications Required to Secure Compensation” begins on page 14.
Governor Corbett also signed into law Senate Bill 552 which establishes statutory guidelines for the establishment and operations of Industry Partnerships. For more information about Industry Partnerships click on the topics below:
• Governor’s Press Release (Senate Bill 552)
• Senator Mike Brubaker’s (R-36) Press Release Senator Brubaker sponsored the bill
• Senate Bill 552 “Chapter 12 Industry Partnerships” begins on page 2.