Careers at CPWDC
Our organization is made up of self-motivated, innovative and talented professionals who are dedicated to using our diverse backgrounds to strategically address the current and future workforce demands of Central Pennsylvania. We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
The Central Pennsylvania Workforce Development Corporation (CPWDC), a well-recognized multi-county business-led non-profit with an operational budget of $10 million seeks a Finance Manger to oversee the fiscal responsibilities of the workforce development system across a nine-county area. The office is centrally located in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.
CPWDC has a history of having strong financial acumen with a growing grant and funding portfolio. The Finance Manager must have the ability to navigate between funding streams and the changing demands of CPWDC’s funders. The Finance Manager will carry on the level of expertise, excellence, and financial accountability currently established at CPWDC with guidance from the Executive Director.
The Finance Manager will develop and oversee all matters related to the CPWDC’s budgets, revenue reporting, account reconciliation, liabilities, reporting, updating, and all other related fiscal duties. The Finance Manager will provide support to the Executive Director in carrying out the strategic goals of CPWDC. The position will oversee all compliance with government contracts and private grants.
The Finance Manager will:
- Develop, manage and report on the CPWDC budget, including budgets for all applicable subcontractors or vendors.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking financial analysis to provide insight into the organization’s operations.
- Provide fiscal oversight of all funds allocated by the CPWDC to the PA CareerLink® system and provide technical assistance as needed to staff and subcontractors.
- Maintain current and inclusive policies and procedures manuals related to the internal and external fiscal management of the CPWDC. Maintain current accounting control systems and records. Maintain internal controls over fiscal processes.
- Ensure resources are distributed in a fair and equitable manner with allocation of funds in accordance with OMB Circulars and other governing rules and regulations.
- Provide primary financial support to the CPWDC Executive Director, Workforce Investment Board and Local Elected Officials Board.
- Support the fiscal operations of the board, including providing direction and support to the Audit Finance Committee.
- Be an engaging team builder and empowering manager who promotes high performance and accountability.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices to manage annual budget of $10 million.
- Oversee compliance with federal, state and local policies and regulations.
- Write and review Requests for Proposals and negotiate new contracts with vendors.
- Provide primary staff support to external Auditors.
- Establish sound working relationships with key stakeholders including members of government agencies, the community, local businesses, economic development, education and elected officials.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and 2 years relevant experience (non-profit or governmental experience preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting and financial management processes for multiple funding streams (experience with indirect cost rates preferred)
- Ability to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace.
- Experience working with auditors and knowledgeable on GAAP and OMB Circulars
- Proven management experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
DESIRED SKILLS EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Unquestioned integrity/ethics
- Experience working with federal indirect cost rates
- Familiarity with workforce development, economic development and/or educational system (K-20) financial processes
- Skilled in the use of technology, including Microsoft products and Abila MIP accounting software
- Experience with group facilitation and consensus building
- Ability to pass comprehensive background screening
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Ability and flexibility to travel within the region, state-wide and nationally by ground or air transportation, including overnight travel
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Competitive benefits package
To apply, submit
- Cover Letter
- Salary History
- Employment Application
- Professional References (list 5)
- Applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “CPWDC – Finance Manager Applicant” in the subject line.
- Paper applications may be submitted to “CPWDC – Finance Manager Applicant”, 130 Kelly Square, Suite 1, Lewisburg, PA 17837.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- No phone inquiries please.
CPWDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CPWDC offers student learning opportunities that provide meaningful work which complements and advances the student’s academic pursuits and future career. Our interns participate in and contribute to labor market research projects by collecting baseline data and designing templates for research analysis and final publication.
Central Pennsylvania Workforce Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, disability or veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal law.