Workforce Development Board
- Standing Committees
- Youth Council
- Public Meeting Dates
- WDB/LEO Board Joint Meeting Minutes
The Central Pennsylvania Workforce Development Board (WDB) is the governing body of the Central Pennsylvania Workforce Development Corporation (CPWDC), which serves the Central Pennsylvania Workforce Development Area. The largest geographically of the twenty-three workforce development areas in the Commonwealth, Central Pennsylvania encompasses the counties of Centre, Clinton, Columbia, Lycoming, Mifflin, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder and Union.
WDB members represent private sector, organized labor, educational institutions, government agencies, economic development, community organizations and organizations that offer services through PA CareerLink®.
These prominent leaders are appointed by the Local Elected Official (LEO) Board to offer their insight and assist in creating a strong workforce. The strength of the Central Pennsylvania WDB is its ability to transform innovative and creative ideas into workforce solutions that support economic growth.
Top priorities of the Central Pennsylvania WDB:
- Identifying workforce issues
- Understanding industry needs and aligning resources
- Securing resources to address local priorities
- Advocating for the importance of workforce policy
- Increasing workplace readiness and foundational skills
- Promoting life-long learning and skill development
- Guiding investments in training initiatives
- Offering PA CareerLink® services that meet the workforce needs of employers
- Positioning the PA CareerLink® offices as the place job seekers go to find employment
Central Pennsylvania Workforce Development Board Members and Affiliations
Annette Camuso-Sarsfield, Chairperson
Jim Stopper, Treasurer
Evangelical Community Hospital
Dave Zartman, Immediate Past Chairperson
Wayne Township Landfill
Union-Snyder Community Action Agency
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
Lycoming County Assistance Office
Geisinger Health System
Pennsylvania College of Technology
Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce
Girton Manufacturing Company
Greenaway Certified Appraisals
Institute for Adult Literacy, PSU
Bureau of Workforce Partnership and Operations
IUOE Local 66
PPL Electric Utilities
Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc.
Larson Design Group
Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science & Technology
Donald Wilver, Jr.
If you are interested in becoming a WDB member or would like to recommend someone for membership, please contact our Executive Director.