Six Standing Committees have been established to advise the Workforce Development Board (WDB). Each Standing Committee is chaired by a WDB member and includes WDB members and other partners, when deemed appropriate, and is staffed by an employee of CPWDC.
Each Standing Committee is charged with a specific role in the WDB’s long-term strategic planning and for ensuring alignment with State and Federal goals and principles.
Executive Committee, Annette Camuso-Sarsfield, Chairperson
- Consists of each of the WDB Officers, the Chairperson of each of the other five Standing Committees and other private sector members.
- Responsible for decision-making and oversight in lieu of the quarterly WDB meetings.
- Personnel Committee, a subcommittee of the Executive Committee, oversees CPWDC’s personnel policies.
Audit/Finance Committee, Jim Stopper, Chairperson
- Guides CPWDC as the fiscal agent for Department of Labor and Industry and Department of Public Welfare funding for the PA CareerLinks® as well as other funding streams.
- Develops annual budget that reflect the WDB’s strategic plan.
- Ensures that fiscal systems are operating correctly and efficiently.
Employer Strategies Committee, Mark Morgenfruh, Chairperson
- Utilizes regional input, including information from the Industry Partnerships and data-driven research from CPWDC and other resources, to identify strategic issues facing the Central Pennsylvania workforce.
- Oversees the Industry Partnership resources and other competitive grants
- Conducts continued assessment of current and future economic and demographic trends.
- Develops public relations protocols for increasing awareness of strategic workforce issues.
- Provides oversight of WDB and Youth Council membership.
- Addresses appointments/re-appointments and vacancies with a strategic approach toward recruiting and recommending new members to the LEO Board for appointment.
- Oversees the Board’s governance structure as outlined in CPWDC’s Bylaws and other governing documents.
Local Management Committee, Steve Bennett, Chairperson
- This mandated committee oversees the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare EARN program design and performance measures.
Policy & Performance Committee, Jim Beamer, Chairperson
- Guides and directs PA CareerLink® operations and ensures quality of service.
- Establishes goals and performance measures for the PA CareerLinks®.
- Responsible for the implementation and integration of WorkKeys® in PA CareerLink® programs and throughout Central Pennsylvania.
- Provides direction for achieving employer use and endorsement of WorkKeys® Career Readiness Certificates.
Youth Council, Jay Alexander, Chairperson
- Identifies initiatives focused on preparing all youth for education and employment.
- Provides direction and develops policy regarding youth programs.
- Recommends the selection of youth program provider(s).
- Develops benchmarks to measure the success of WIA funded youth programs.
Click here for more information on the Youth Council.