Customized Services for Employers
CPWDC, with its extensive experience in the operation, management and oversight of workforce development programs, built the PA CareerLink® system across the nine-county region with a focus on service to employers and relevance to industry. We concentrate our resources on providing customized services to employers that offer growth opportunities and family-sustaining wages.
Small businesses employing less than 50 employees often experience an increased need for support in finding qualified workers. The Central Region PA CareerLink® offices utilize a team of staff to engage employers across the Region and provide an array of employer services to assist businesses of any size. The PA CareerLink® can customize services to fulfill your human resource needs. Many of these valuable services are offered to employers at no charge.
Employer Services Representatives, who function as account managers for an employer’s needs, work one-on-one with employers to customize services to meet the specialized requests of any business. Locate the PA CareerLink® near you to schedule an appointment.
PA CareerLink® can assist employers of any size to reduce hiring costs and time-to-hire cycles by matching qualified candidates with open job postings.
- Market your current job openings on PA’s JobGateway®. Posting current job openings on the job board can be completed by the employer or the employer can request that the information is posted by PA CareerLink® staff.
- Use the PA CareerLink® on-line job board to gain access to thousands of qualified workers. Employers can review resumes directly or they can ask PA CareerLink® staff to pre-screen candidates based on the employer’s criteria.
- PA CareerLink® Employer Services Representatives will work with you to maximum visibility and match qualified candidates to result in a quick response to your open job postings.
Recruitment and Placement Support
A wide range of employment-related services to help employers locate, recruit, screen and hire qualified candidates are available and customizable to meet the individual needs of any employer. PA CareerLink® offers:
- Access to qualified applicants
- Job matching of skilled workers to meet employer demands
- Screening and referral of qualified candidates
- Assessment of job candidates’ skills and aptitudes, whether they are new or current employees
- Small and large-scale recruitment activities
- Help with planning and hosting company job fairs
- Use of private rooms to conduct interviews
Employee Training and Talent Development Services
A key element to business success is the productivity of a trained workforce. We are committed to working with employers to build a stronger workforce that meets the demands and needs of any business and supports business expansion. Available services and programs include:
- Assistance in determining specific training needs
- WorkKeys® Career Readiness Assessments used to appraise and upgrade employees’ skills to promote retention of valued employees or prepare new employees (Service fees may apply)
- WorkKeys® Job Profiling used to identify the skills and skill levels required to effectively perform a specific job (Service fees may apply)
- On-the-Job Training programs
- Referrals to Eligible Training Providers
- Incumbent Worker Training
Business Trends and Analysis
As a service to help business make decisions, grow, and succeed in Central Pennsylvania, PA CareerLink® can provide Labor Market Information, such as comparative wage data, demographic profiles and industry projections.
CPWDC’s Dashboard of Workforce Indicators provides current data relevant to Central Pennsylvania.
If you are seeking to establish, expand or relocate your business to Central Pennsylvania, CPWDC can provide comprehensive and customized research and analysis using the most up-to-date information, including industry trends and pertinent economic forecasts, to help you make strategic decisions. For more information contact the CPWDC Research Department.
A skilled team of PA CareerLink® staff are prepared to provide Rapid Response services to businesses that are in transition mode due to layoffs or plant closures. The primary objective is to provide workers with resources and services that will aide them in finding new jobs or helping them get the training and education needed for a new career.
To find out more about how we can help you and your employees during a transition, contact the Rapid Response Coordination Services (RRCS) Regional Representative for the county where your business is located.