We realize that the process of finding a first job, changing jobs, selecting a career or changing careers is not an easy task. We also realize that a one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t provide the guidance and support needed when making decisions about your future. With that in mind, CPWDC through its operation of six PA CareerLink® offices across the nine-county Central Pennsylvania Region, has designed Employment Services that can be customized to meet the needs of all job seekers, regardless of education level, training background, work experience, or current employment status.
Central Region PA CareerLink® offices offer a variety of services, programs, and workshops designed to help you determine what jobs best match your interests and skills, learn new workplace skills, find employment, and meet personal career goals.
All of the services are offered to the general public at no charge.
Job Search Resources
The PA CareerLink® Career Resource Areas provide job seekers with free access to tools and resources that support a comprehensive job search.
- Use the computers to access PA’s JobGateway
- Post your resume on the PA CareerLink® job bank
- Write, print and copy your resume
- Learn about employment trends and job postings
- Attend on-site employer recruiting events
Whether it is on paper, during an interview, or on the job, PA CareerLink® can help you get noticed by employers. A variety of workshops are offered daily to teach job seekers the skills they need to succeed as they compete in the job market. Among the topics:
- Resume and Cover Letter Preparation
- Interviewing Skills
- Job Search Strategies
- Job Retention and Advancement Skills
- Computer Skills and Software Training
- And many more…
Click here for a schedule of all available workshops at a PA CareerLink® near you.
Career Exploration and Personal Assessments
PA CareerLink® can help you identify opportunities for skills development and training and determine what jobs best match your interests and skills. You’ll have access to the information you need to make decisions about career choices, education, and training.
- WorkKeys® Career Readiness WorkKeys has proven to be a valuable tool to help people identify job skills and market those skills to employers.
- Information on High Priority Occupations and wages
- Aptitudes and Interests Surveys
- Education & Training opportunities
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Equal Opportunity Employer.
PA CareerLink® is a registered trademark of the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry.
WorkKeys® is a registered trademark of ACT, Inc.